Developement (Building) Permit Application:

All permits must be submitted to the City Building Inspector for approval prior to construction beginning. Failure to obtain a building permit will result in double permit fees. Turnaround time from submission to approval on new homes is approximately 14 working days. Awarded permits for any project requiring a permit are valid for 365 days, failure to complete project within 365 days will require resubmission, approval, and payment for project to be continued.


General Building Permit Application
Reiles Acres General Permit Application.[...]
Microsoft Excel sheet [21.9 KB]
New Home Construction and Home Additions Permit Application
Reiles Acres NEW HOME Permit Application[...]
Microsoft Excel sheet [22.7 KB]
Builder Checklist
Builder Checklist.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [111.2 KB]
Flood Proof Construction Requirements (Please Read Before Submitting New Home Plans)
Adobe Acrobat document [2.4 MB]
Reile's Acres LOMR process
New Haven and Reile's 9th LOMR Process.p[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [33.8 KB]
Reile's Acres Driveway Detail
Reiles Driveway Detail.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [110.3 KB]
9th Addition Lot Grading and Drain Elevations
Lot Grading and Drain Elevations.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.1 MB]
9th Addition Reile's Acres Sidewalk Detail
Adobe Acrobat document [85.1 KB]
2020 ND State Building Code Book
2020 ND State Building Code Book.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.6 MB]

Permits are required for any external building, deck, fence or structure. If you questioning whether you need a permit plese contact the city building inspector at 701-729-1945 or email at

Frequently asked questions:

I am building a storage shed or extra garage, do I need a permit? Yes, all sheds and outbuildings require a permit.

Can I purchase a pre-built shed or building and have it moved onto my lot? Yes, however, sheds or accessory buildings must have a concrete floor and be fastened to the concrete.

Do I need a permit if I am replacing deck boards and railings on an existing deck? Yes, replacing boards does require a permit to ensure the boards are replaced and the deck is up to current building code.

Do I need a permit to reside or shingle my home? No, replacing siding or reshingling does not require a permit. Please check current ordinances to make sure the building materials chosen meet the current ordinances.

Contact Us Today!

City of Reile's Acres
4635 35th Ave N
Reiles Acres, ND 58102

Phone: 701 541-0035 701 541-0035


Like us on Facebook

Print | Sitemap
Created with IONOS WebsiteBuilder